Reference Number: JO-2308-520766
Assistant Director Managed Services
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Central London / West End
Assistant Director – Managed Services
6 months contract
equivalent of £77,000 per annum (negotiable rate)
A public research university based in London owns an estate with over 250 buildings valued at over £3 Billion, more than four million square feet of academic accommodation and over 4000 student bedrooms. The scale, variety and complexity of the estate are unparalleled in the sector.
This company has developed an Estates Strategy which will help shape the transformation of the university for future decades. The new strategy will embody the following principles:
- To provide and maintain a safe and healthy environment.
- Be more efficient with our space.
- Reduce fragmentation.
- Embody environmental sustainability and accessibility in everything we do.
- Improve campus experience for all users and put students at the heart of campus.
- Invest in better teaching and conference space and making the best use of it
- Rationalise our leases.
- Spend within our means.
- Plan for the future.
This company are going to be introducing a managed services zone. This has been designed to include buildings that are serviced by providers outside of the core delivery team. A significant degree of technical and commercial expertise will be required to ensure the contracts and performance of those contracts are in line with the companies requirements.
The Assistant Director, Managed Services will: –
- Set up, run and optimise the upcoming complex managed services within UCL Estates to continuously improve and deliver sustained outcomes including UCL’s IoN/DRI implementation.
- Efficiently manage the Managed Service providers and the contracts to which they are delivering.
- Ensure that effective tendering of managed service contracts.
- Be accountable for the hard and soft services and financial performance of the managed services.
- Bring together via the appropriate channels, the capabilities, skills and passion to run the managed services functions end-to-end, working in partnership with UCL Estates teams.
- Oversee the transition of UCL’s Cruciform Building from a PFI management service to a managed service provider.
- Partner with UCL compliance team to define procedures for managed services.
- Lead implementation and expansion of monitoring environments aligned to UCL digital strategy.
- Retain responsibility for oversight and mitigation of managed services risks and issues.
- Develop new job descriptions and staffing models, partnerships, and analytics to drive implementation.
- Retain QHSE oversight and auditing of service providers.
- Provide oversight and aggregation of data from the Managed Service providers to ascertain performance metrics of the Streams. Delivery of Minor works and small projects