Reference Number: JO-2011-458760
Job Type: Permanent
Fixed Term Contract
Leamington Spa, Coventry, Leicester
We are now supporting the UK COVID testing effort, by directly recruiting for Bioscientist
Leads to work with Lab Technicians as a team within the new NHS mega labs in Leamington Spa. These labs will initially support the COVID testing; however, they will eventually take wider responsibility for testing from across the NHS network.
– Performing quality checks and overseeing the overall test execution.
– Managing risk and escalating any matter appropriately.
– Designing new testing and validation methodologies.
– Training of less experienced lab staff.
These roles will start as a fixed-term contract 18 months, working on a shift-based system, coordinating with Shift Supervisors, Quality Managers and Health and Safety Managers.
– Competitive rate including Night Shift Premium
– Fixed-term contract 18 months
– Starting as soon as possible
– Some training provided.
Biomedical Science Degree
Advanced experience with PCR testing
Experience of training and supervising staff in a laboratory setting