Reference Number: JO-2001-444077
Bispecific Group Leader
Job Type: Permanent
If you are inspired by developing your career in a stimulating environment where you can make a profound difference to the healthcare of patients, my client can offer exceptional careers for exceptional people. Based on an established Bioscience campus in Cambridge, you will have the opportunity to work with smarter science, unique technologies and highly experienced scientific leaders.
Our client is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing a deep pipeline of novel antibody-based therapies in a broad range of indications. The Company generates its product candidates using its proprietary, integrated platforms which have been designed to maximize the diversity of human antibodies produced in response to immunization with antigens. Selecting from a broad diversity of fully human antibodies allows for the identification of antibodies with optimal drug-like properties.
We are looking to recruit an outstanding laboratory-based group leader directly reporting to VP Technology & Bispecific Discovery group. You have an opportunity to lead a multidisciplinary team and leverage our IntelliSelect® Bispecifics technology to identify first-in-class bispecific antibodies for human disease treatment.
• Lead a multidisciplinary team to identify bispecific antibodies for drug discovery
• Co-design a strategy with the supervisor for bispecific antibody portfolio
• Propose bispecific targets in the immuno-oncology and auto-immune areas
• Propose the bispecific discovery research plans including MOA, target validation, functional screening and in vivo models to assess molecule efficacy
• Lead bispecific discovery projects to Development Candidate stage
• Co-develop the single cell sequence technology using microfluid to assess immune profiles with Antibody Discovery Group
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all proposals and experimentations
Education & Experience
• PhD, MD or MD/PhD equivalent degree in life science; more than 8 years of strong research background and experience in immunology, oncology or molecular biology
• Strong track record and hands-on experience in immunology
• Experience in single cell RNA sequencing for immune profiling is essential
• Experience in protein expression from mammalian cell culture and assay development is an advantage
• Line management experience is highly desirable
• Knowledge and/or experience in bispecific antibody development would be highly desirable
Skills & Knowledge
• Proven ability in immunology research areas
• The ability to plan and execute to clear timelines
• Proven understanding of intellectual property for new technologies
• Strong organization skills with proven ability to analyze complicated data in a logical and understandable form
• Leadership experience and ability influence
• Ability to multitask, work under pressure and prioritize work to meet deadlines
• Excellent communications and presentation skills
• Ability to motivate and influence others
• A strong work ethic and enthusiasm to the assigned projects
Can you see yourself being part of a company that celebrates diversity and believes that better thinking and decisions come from wider experience? If the answer is yes and you have a desire to be an integral part of a dynamic team, we would be keen to hear from you.
In the first instance, please send your CV to Kimberley Warren: firstname.lastname@example.org .