Reference Number: JO-1910-439127
Category Team Leader
Job Type: Contract
Category Team Leader
Category Team Leader Contract, Pharma, Marlow
Duration: 4 months (possibility of extension)
Salary: Very competitive, please contact me directly for this
If you are looking for a change so you can work in a fun and friendly environment for a leading pharmaceutical organisation, why not apply for this role today?
The Category Team Leader leads the delivery of instore objectives in one of the key categories by building compelling category growth stories and related tactics, convincing customers that the plans will deliver sustainable category growth and then ensuring execution.
Identifying and building partnerships with retailers through the deployment of category strategies and actionable solutions creating a competitive edge and ultimately enable us to grow the category for the mutual benefit of retailers and the company.
– Lead the development of the in-store / on-line look of success for the category across all key customers and ensure actionable shopper solutions are put in place to support the vision
– Work with BUHs to develop activity plans that deliver against customer needs, company aspirations and instore targets
– Lead category vision engagement and deployment for their given category, directly and through team as appropriate
– Be the expert on category performance and drivers for customers, drive external orientation and lead competitor insight
– Provide thought leadership for category planning days, engaging personally with key customers and ensuring the team deliver elsewhere
– Evolve compelling Category Visions and related strategies/tactics. Ensure they have clear shopper needs based drivers and defined tactics to execute and drive category growth
– Lead their team and build capability to ensure excellent execution of initiatives, using relevant tools to set and deliver against relevant Perfect Store KPIs
– University degree or equivalent
– Extensive Category experence in an FMCG or OTC environment (5+ years experience)
– Developing first class customer relationships through delivering expertise
– Creating relationships based on Category Management & Ranging Advice
– Consumer and shopper research techniques
– Retail experience required (Tesco, ASDA, JS and Boots etc.)
– Very strong understanding of retailers strategy and development of tailored customer plans that deliver sales and profit targets
– Ability to execute flawlessly agreed customer in-store display programs
– Use diverse information sources to identify changes in consumer, shopper and retailer attitudes and behaviours
– Use of IRI/Nielsen, Dunnhumby, Kantar or similar data types
– Understand the brand/customer P&L and effectively manage budget
– Project leadership skills ability to plan and execute activities / projects to achieve the agreed result
– High level of IT literacy in Microsoft office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
Not ready to apply or have some questions first? No problem, please feel free to contact me, Juber Rahman at any time on +44 (0) 207 822 1710 / email@example.com
If this role is not suited to your skillset, please feel free to share these details within your professional networks as we do offer a generous bonus referral scheme of 250 in vouchers should we go on to successfully please someone you recommend to us.