Reference Number: JO-2312-527089
Data Center Technician
Job Type: Contract
Data Center Technician
This role is a unique opportunity to work in some of the most cutting edge data centers in the world and contribute to their operational excellence. Amazon data centers are large-scale high-density centers where you will be working to make Amazon the most customer centric company on earth.
A Data Center Technician will work as part of the Operations team whose primary responsibility is the maintenance and upkeep of the data center infrastructure. This position requires candidates to be self-starters and highly motivated.
The candidate may be the primary point of contact for both internal customers (for example: Network Engineers, Systems Engineers, Software Developers, Database Engineers, Technical Operations) and external customers (Hardware Vendors, Contractors, Service Providers among others). Team Members will be working in multifunctional environment and must be able to communicate and promote cross-team functionality. The position is full time and shift based, operating on a 24*7 rotation. The ideal candidate is someone with hands-on hardware experience.
• Work and meet SLA’s against assigned trouble tickets via a directed workflow.
• First line touch point for hardware troubleshooting and technical issues.
• Perform regular server hardware repairs including drives and motherboards replacements.
• Carry out routine network, server hardware and software related repairs.
• Work with cross-functional teams on a regular basis.
• Adhere to security and safety best practices.
• Participate in Data Center engineering operations events.
• Participate in daily/weekly team meetings.
• Identify and help create process improvements relevant to the data center environment.
• Interact with third party vendors & contractors.
• Support the development of other team members
• 2+ years of technical experience.
• Intermediate knowledge of computer hardware systems.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to work well with others in a team environment, displaying excellent time management skills.
• Ability to take direction from both a directed work system and/or a team lead.
• Working on a 24*7 shift rotation.
• Basic knowledge of Linux is an advantage.
• Basic knowledge of networking is an advantage.
• Experience with one of the following connection protocols/technologies: SSH, TELNET, IPMI, LILO