Reference Number: JO-2111-479419
Job Type: Contract
Location: Milton Keynes
JOB TITLE: Data Developer
REPORTS TO: Informatics Team Manager
LOCATION: Milton Keynes 2 days in the office
Contact: 6 months
Day Rate: 550
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE: To supplement the existing data developer in creation of an integrated data resource from legacy data through data migration, quality testing and other validation activities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Installation, administration, support, maintenance, monitoring & upgrading of database servers.
Excellent understanding of SQL, as used within data analytics development languages.
Good experience of working with MS SQL on Windows operating system platforms.
Sound knowledge of driving software configuration management, software testing discipline, and development governance, as well as technical systems administration
Design and delivery of Data Warehousing solutions
Good experience of data migration between the heterogeneous platforms
Coordinate the architecture and technical design of solutions proposed by the team, creating and policing a holistic technical architecture vision for the company.
Guiding the development team to create databases, tables and files to fit into a coherent best-practice architecture.
Performing query optimization, database design, optimization in addition to assisting stakeholders in writing complex queries, stored procedures/functions, views, and DDL/DML/DTU scripts.
Troubleshooting complex database performance and data retrieval issues.
Ensuring data and systems security, taking responsibility for proper control of authentication and privileges, and adherence to the security compliance standards i.e. ISO, GDPR, and the internal information security policy.
Maintain database operational, disaster recovery, backup procedures/processes to ensure continuous availability and fast recovery.
Publish documents i.e. user manuals, maintenance procedures, RCAs and definitions for data dictionaries etc.
Migrate and manipulate data between different platforms and file types, notably, importing data into Postgre from SQL Server to eventually decommission the SQL Server systems.
Investigate and resolve data issues relating to occasional but sometimes urgent problems with test cases. Take full responsibility for the maintenance of the database.
Monitor and maintain the high performance and reliability of laboratory IT solutions.
Collaborate closely with the IT Infrastructure team to deliver solutions on well-architected and secure platforms and network configurations, acting as the infrastructure representative in the Informatics team.
Essential Technical Skills
- SQL, NoSQL, and MS SQL on Windows OS platforms
- Strong abilities with at least a couple of relational databases and a couple of non-relational databases.
- Data warehousing experience with a couple of warehousing technologies
- Working skills in a GIT/ Agile/ JIRA environment
- ETL tool skills Talend, Oracle or Informatica
- Strong CI/CD experience to support a DevOps setup.
- Experience in TDD/BDD environments
- Strong understanding and experience implementing automated tools and frameworks.
- Ability to work with a variety of databases and knowledgebases.
- Strong skills in algorithms and data structures
- Strong skills in Data API design
- Knowledge of scripting and coding using Python/ Java/ SQL/ Scala
- Python skills – using data manipulation libraries (NumPy, pandas, pyodbc) and using Python to manipulate flat files (JSON, XML, CSV) and interface with databases.
- Proficiency on the Linux platform
If youre interested please apply or send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org