Reference Number: JO-2105-468309
Job Type: Contract
Job Title: Professional – Design Strategist
Contract starting: 14/06/2021
Location: Surrey and Remote Working
Length: 6 months
Pay rate up to 60 p/h via Umbrella
The person in this role will create working strategies that integrate theories of behaviour change approaches from differing scientific backgrounds across design case studies and creating storyboards for designers to surface design requirements that will inspire design strategy and development of digital products.
Design Strategist will use insight, ideation, prototyping, and evidencing to understand how users make decisions, identify the forces that influence behaviour, spot a behavioural design opportunities in every challenge and come up with ideas or products that people want to embrace.
- Provide strategic and behavioural design expertise to create and shape future vision for new and existing products and services across all user touchpoints understanding of the problem
- Utilise behavioural design and motivational psychology, using theory-backed and evidence-based methods to design person-centered interventions (products, services, environments, policies, objects, artifacts, etc.)
- Engage with clients to critically understand, reframe, and scope opportunities to ensure services and products are seamlessly aligned to user needs and project goals, identifying the gaps that need to be filled via research activities and simplify complex relationships
- Design and facilitate workshops with internal and external stakeholders, create challenge statements, hypothesis and workshop assets
- Lead meetings with global clients to develop detailed briefs and clarify design requirements of each project in order to develop design proposals
- Engage with clients to critically understand, reframe, and scope opportunities to ensure designs are seamlessly aligned to user needs and project goals, identifying the gaps that need to be filled via research activities
- Apply your extensive knowledge of behaviour design methodologies to develop plans to deliver novel, nuanced insights to improve design strategy
- Ensure the successful delivery of experience design artifacts and assets, while keeping the team on schedule
- Develop comprehensive design project plans to be shared with clients as well as other members of the team
- Interact with clients throughout the duration of projects with a high degree of polish, professionalism, and reliability to ensure needs are met
- Craft narratives, storyboards and visualizations that communicate strategic design vision to different levels of stakeholders
- Advocate for inclusive practices across the organization including wider healthcare systems
- Develop tools and artefacts for wider use (e.g. design principles, design policies, frameworks and templates).
- Collaborate on project design, proposal development, prototype and user experience development, test scenarios and customer journeys.
- Bachelors in Psychology, Art or Design
- 5+ Experience in behavioural psychology and /or strategic design function at a senior practitioner level
- Solid understanding of theory- and evidence-based approaches to behaviour change, human-centred design and design thinking
- Experience designing, implementing and evaluating behaviour change interventions
To apply or for more information on this role please get in touch via email- George King email@example.com