Reference Number: JO-2103-464854
Director of Medical Communications
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Central London / West End
Medical Communications Director, with line management responsibility
In-house, Rare Diseases focus
At Director level, you will coordinate and manage the publications strategy for a portfolio of products across the EMEA region and will also oversee the development of publications and congress activities. Working closely with the Executive Director of Medical Affairs, you will also shape and define scientific messaging and publication plans, whilst managing the end-to-end publications process.
This is a Leadership role, and so will come with budgetary and line management responsibilities – starting with one direct report which will increase as the team continue to grow. You will have a highly visible and strategic position within the wider organisation and will also:
• Draft & edit scientific manuscripts, posters, abstracts, and presentations.
• Oversee and manage the relationship with the third-party agency as required.
• Take a lead on all publication planning meetings.
• Work cross-functionally with other internal teams to maintain wider awareness of overall publication planning, but also to share current publication status.
My client is looking for someone with:
• A combination of a strong scientific background (ideally PhD).
• Significant medical communications experience within publishing and/or medical writing.
• A good attention to detail.
• At least 10 years of relevant experience gained from an in-house or agency environment.
For an introductory conversation, and for further information, please contact Natalie Robson at CPL Life Sciences via email on email@example.com