Reference Number: JO-2004-448631_2
Director of Research Immunology
Job Type: Permanent
If you are inspired by developing your career in a stimulating environment where you can make a profound difference to the healthcare of patients, my client can offer exceptional careers for exceptional people. Based on an established Bioscience campus in Cambridge, you will have the opportunity to work with smarter science, unique technologies and highly experienced scientific leaders.
Reporting to the SVP of Research Immunology, our client is looking for a Director of Research Immunology to lead the team responsible for the development of new models & capabilities to drive the progression of projects within their Immunology portfolio.
Working with the SVP of Research Immunology, you’ll also play a key role with the department leadership team in developing their strategy in IO and auto-immune disease. Developing capabilities by introducing new technologies and demonstrating team leadership and bringing your own expertise & decision-making to drive project progression.
You’ll be a subject matter expert for the team and company more broadly, maintaining an in-depth understanding of fundamentals of auto-immune disease, immunology, immune-oncology & tumour biology.
It’s expected you’ll be able to communicate with and successfully influence senior level management, executives & stakeholders at all levels as well as leading and developing a team of talented scientists, bioinformaticians & technical experts.
Lead a team of scientists
• Lead the in vivo effort which includes being the oncology project license holder and Lead the team to develop new models and deliver preclinical efficacy in vivo proof of concept and evaluate mechanism of action in in vivo models
• Demonstrate the ability to enthuse and motivate a multi-disciplinary team
Lead projects and multi-functional teams
• Lead capability development and the assessment and validation of novel targets in chosen research areas.
• Work with a multidisciplinary team to plan and execute preclinical in vitro and in vivo experiments supporting biological and mechanistic understanding of our molecules.
• Write patents and contribute to the generation of regulatory documentation (e.g. in support of molecules progressing to clinical development).
• Identify opportunities and lead the authorship of peer reviewed manuscripts and presentation of original work at scientific conferences and symposia
• Work effectively with external groups including collaborators and CRO
• Critically analyse, interpret, and report experimental results, draw appropriate conclusions and design next experimental steps driving project progression.
• Active presentation of findings at internal and external meetings
Education & Experience
• PhD in Immunology, Cancer Biology or equivalent industrial experience
• Demonstrable leadership experience
• In depth knowledge of in vivo oncology models
• Good publication record
• Extensive experience of supporting late stage antibody discovery into early stage development
• In depth knowledge & understanding of pre-clinical research objectives to drive project progression in IO & auto-immune disease
• Demonstrable track record of successful research supported by publications (peer reviewed publications, oral presentations, posters & patent filings)
Skills & Knowledge
• Excellent presentation skills
• Strong motivation & team spirit
• Demonstrable leadership capabilities
• Strong basis in the fundamentals of immunology and auto-immune disease
• Strong knowledge of oncology especially immune-oncology
• Ability to multitask and work to competing deadlines
• In depth knowledge of antibody drug development
Can you see yourself being part of a company that celebrates diversity and believes that better thinking and decisions come from wider experience? If the answer is yes and you have a desire to be an integral part of a dynamic team, we would be keen to hear from you.