Reference Number: JO-2308-521844
Electronics Design Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
My client a fast growing specialist imaging equipment manufacturer of a wide range of camera products, including a range of X-ray cameras. Is looking to appoint an experienced Electronic Design Engineer to work with a small team designing professional digital cameras and imaging systems for scientific and surveillance markets, based in East Sussex.
Specific skills required are:
- Degree (or equivalent) in an electrical/electronic engineering discipline.
- 5+ years Industrial experience in the above.
- FPGA firmware design (preferably Altera, VHDL).
- Coding in C for embedded hard and soft microprocessors.
- Ability to understand device data sheets (imaging sensors and associated ROICs) and design hardware and firmware to use them.
- Circuit design using schematic capture and PCB layout software (preferably Altium Designer).
- The ability to fault-find electronic assemblies.
The role involves:
- Designing hardware and FPGA firmware to meet functional and performance specifications.
- Produce PCB drawings and designs for use in PCB Manufacturing and production.
- Ensure compatibility between mechanical, electronic and software design is achieved.
- Write code for embedded firmware (VHDL/schematic, and C)
- Building and debugging prototypes
- Adding firmware features to existing FPGA designs
- Working with colleagues to ensure the final product meets functional, performance, quality and timescale requirements.
- Supporting the manufacturing facility in resolving design-related production problems
- Supporting the test process and create test electronics when necessary.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- A hands-on, problem-solving attitude
- Supervisory and coaching skills to support junior staff members
- In conjunction with colleagues, the ability to take a product through from initial concept to delivery to customer, planning and managing the project steps to completion.
- Supporting the sales team through pre- and aftersales support
The ideal candidate will ideally have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a related field and will value the autonomy and responsibility of working with a small multidisciplinary team to develop new high value professional products being sold around the world.