Reference Number: JO-2401-528976
Electronics Development Manager – Edinburgh
Job Type: Permanent
Exciting news, my client is looking for an experienced Electronics Development Manager to join them as they transfer their world-leading technology from R&D to manufacture. This position can be based in Oxford or Edinburgh.
Working within the Engineering department, you will be responsible for leading the electronics and electrical design and development team, to deliver safe, reliable and manufacturable products. Working across the range of company’s existing and future products, you will use your experience in analogue and electronics design to support the company’s mission of transforming radiology.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Taking ownership of the design, development and delivery of electronics and electrical sub-systems into research and product development projects
- Ensuring team members are skilled, trained, professionally developed and capable of supporting projects
- Line managing direct reports, including work planning, training, leave and performance management, escalating issues to the Engineering Director as appropriate
- Electronics Design (analogue and digital), including schematic capture, simulation and PCB Layout
- Analysing and verification of designs, and documenting results
- Working collaboratively with colleagues to plan future project developments in line with company objectives, ensuring adequate resource availability
- Fostering innovation and creativity
- Establishing and maintaining long-term partnerships with external parties to enable outsourcing of work packages when appropriate. Ensuring outsourced work is conducted professionally and competently
- Creating and protecting valuable intellectual property proportionate to role
- Generating requirements and verification specifications for electronics components and assemblies
- Supporting internal and external product and component testing, such as EMC and Electrical Safety Testing
- Resolving any technical issues that arise, ensuring that investigation work is documented by the team.
- Providing guidance and advice to colleagues in their specialist area (Electronics Engineering and testing)
- Maintaining a safe working environment and following all protocols to ensure compliance with company / regulatory standards
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- Provides authoritative advice to colleagues across the company in their area of expertise
- High level problem solver. Takes an analytical approach to complex problems and applies experience to identify solutions
- Development of best practice and knowledge management
- Deep knowledge of electronics engineering, including EMC, electrical safety, FMEA, formal verification.
- Encourages teamwork and resolves problems by creating a supportive and collaborative team spirit.
- Sets clearly defined work and development objectives for self and team.
- Displays resilience; is not discouraged by challenges and uncertainty and remains calm, composed and focussed under pressure, while supporting others to do the same.
- Ability to achieve project delivery deadlines.
- Effective communication, with an eagerness to learn from and share knowledge with colleagues.
- Significant experience of electronics design and development within a regulated industry, from initial concept through to production transfer
- Collaborating within a multi-disciplinary team
- Scoping work, identifying necessary resources and reporting on progress
- Leading other electronics engineers and technicians
- Resolution of EMC and electrical safety compliance issues
- Product data management and change control
- Desirable: High Voltage for X-Ray devices
- Desirable: medical device industry