Reference Number: JO-2308-520728
Job Type: Permanent
Location: East Sussex
My client based in East Sussex is looking to appoint an experienced Engineering Manager into their growing and ambitious manufacturing company.
As Engineering Manager you will lead all aspects of Engineering across several manufacturing lines and product test facility.
Ensuring the operational and engineering effectiveness of production lines and implementing process improvement.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing company in a niche technical field.
Your duties will as Engineering Manager will include:
- Leading the Engineering teams which are multi-disciplined including process engineering, CAD engineers for fast delivery of production drawings.
- Making engineering improvements across the manufacturing and product testing processes and equipment
- Lead process engineering improvement across the site, working with R&D and Production to ensure manufacturing equipment and processes are Lean and Cost effective.
- Ensuring Engineering processes are cost effective.
- Support and development Standard Operating procedures (SOP) and ensure adherence by Operators for engineering.
- Supervise, motivate, and evaluate performance of your team of 8 Engineering staff.
- Ensure maintenance schedules (PPM) are in place for equipment on site.
- Support CAPEX and Manufacturing projects and initiatives.
- Work closely with Manufacturing and all other department to deliver unfirmed Engineering changes to production processes.
- Ensure all manufacturing equipment is maintained to the highest level.
- Support Health and Safety across manufacturing
As an Engineering Manager you will have a background in Engineering from a Hi-tech Engineering or manufacturing background.
Knowledge in Electro-mechanical or Mechanical or Physics related product manufacture such as Vacuum, Material Deposition, Thin Film, Optical, Sensor, Pump would be highly suitable.
You will be a natural problem solver who is happy to help R&D scientist deliver their latest Space Science innovation into production.
While also improving current engineering processes and ensuring the smooth running of lines from an engineering perspective.
It is highly likely you will have Production Engineering, Process Engineering, Maintenance or Manufacturing Engineering experience with good Engineering skills.
Although you will be managing a multiskilled team you can be of any Engineering Bias (Electrical / Mechanical / Electronics).
Please apply to Lisa Walker email@example.com please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK as my client is unable to sponsor.