Reference Number: JO-2004-449386
Fermentation Group Leader
Job Type: Permanent
Group Leader – Process Development (Fermentation)
An innovative biotechnology business based in the Essex area are looking for a Process Development Group Leader. This individual will be responsible for the development of fermentation processes, characterising and optimising the growth of bacteria.
• Leading a small team in the development of fermentation processes to produce live bacterial therapeutics comprising multiple bacterial strains
• Performing anaerobic fermentation of bacteria from deep well blocks to small fermenters
• Developing media screens and optimising media for growth of metabolically diverse bacteria
• Co-ordinating outsourced lyophilisation development studies and developing an in-house capability for lyophilisation development.
• Working closely with the assay development team to develop suitable assays to assess microbial cell quality
• Maintaining an awareness of latest technologies and equipment for incorporation into company labs
• Supporting process transfer to CDMOs
• PhD in relevant discipline such as Microbiology or Bioprocess Engineering with focus on fermentation.
• In-depth bacteriology knowledge
• Post-doctoral experience in a bioprocess development environment utilising fermentation technology
• Experience of optimising manufacturing processes and methodologies.
• Strong leadership skills
• Demonstrable initiative
• A team worker with willingness to contribute flexibly as required
As well as the above, experience of leading teams and/or using Design of Experiments (DOE) would be beneficial but not essential. Further to this experience of working with anaerobic bacteria would be advantageous.
If you would be keen to work for a business at the forefront of their field developing novel treatments for a range of diseases, then please apply online. Any queries can be directed to Kimberley on email@example.com or 07900981267.