Reference Number: JO-2309-523527
Job Type: Contract
Senior Analyst, Finance Business Partner
Location: Liverpool, Speke (Hybrid working, 3 days a week in the office)
Duration: 12 months
Pay rate: £181 per day PAYE
Reporting to the Director, Ops & Quality Finance LVP, this role has a primary focus on supporting the product cost process and on collaborating closely with the manufacturing operation to ensure accurate product costing and inventory valuation. This role will also contribute to the development of improved analytics and insights of cost centre expenses, headcount and production variances that will drive better business decisions, as well as taking ownership of the site Inventory provision process
Business performance analysis and support
• Provide month-end close inputs and initially review month-end results. Activities include journal entries and reporting insights for inventory/product costing and various operational groups.
• Perform analysis of results for assigned areas, while resolving transactional and process errors.
Target setting, budgeting and forecasting
• Support annual budget preparation and quarterly forecast updates for the Site including headcount and cost centre planning.
• Duties also include inventory forecasts and product costing support
• Provide financial analysis and support internal reporting to Operations/Quality customers with additional narratives, insights, and comments to assist managers in meeting performance targets.
• Collaborate on new methods and approaches to help business better understand the context of their decisions, thereby leading to improved outcomes.
• Support methods to build levels of financial acumen at the site.
Process Improvement and Standardisation
• Actively contribute to the improvement of financial systems and procedures.
• Actively participate in ad-hoc projects to improve work processes and controls.
• Work with Supply Chain and Operations to continually monitor master data governance, streamline process, and improve accuracy.
• There will be opportunity to get involved in multiple operational projects, some of which may extend beyond a year.
• This role will be a key support to the product costing team focus on simplifying and harmonizing existing cost structures in place.
• This role will also help inventory provision process improvements and standardization.
• This role will support functions within the manufacturing business, including both the planning process and business partnering.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
• University Degree in Accounting or Finance
• 3 to 5 years of finance experience, and a working knowledge of finance in a manufacturing environment.
• Ability to engage with diverse stakeholders at varying levels throughout the organization.
• Some exposure to business partnering and/or financial analysis from previous roles.
• Professional accounting qualification (eg ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
• SAP knowledge or similar ERP.