Reference Number: JO-2308-520979
Job Type: Contract
Location: Middleton, Manchester
Role: General Labour
Duration: 3 months
Location: Middleton – Greater Manchester
Rate: £11 per hour PAYE
Keyskills: Forklift – counterbalance
The main function of a general labourer is to manually move freight, stock, or other materials or perform other unskilled general labour.
· Attach identifying tags to containers, or mark them with identifying information.
· Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs.
· Record numbers of units handled and moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets.
· Move freight, stock, and other materials to and from storage and production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, ships, and containers, by hand or using trucks, tractors, and other equipment.
· Sort cargo before loading and unloading.
· Assemble product containers and crates, using hand tools and precut lumber.
· Load and unload ship cargo, using winches and other hoisting devices.
· Pack containers and re-pack damaequivalent containers.
· Carry needed tools and supplies from storage or trucks, and return them after use.
· Verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
· Team player and detail oriented.
· Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.