Reference Number: JO-2001-444371
Group Leader Translational Biology
Job Type: Permanent
Role: Group Leader Translational Biology – Microbiome Therapeutic Discovery
Benefits: Competitive Salary, Bonus Scheme, Pension Scheme, Private Insurance, ETC
Scientific Professionals has been engaged by a market leading biotechnology company specialising in the ground-breaking research on the microbiome. Based out of the leading Genome Research Centre in Cambridge you will be working on one of the most exciting areas for research and translational science in the bio-pharmaceutical industry.
Reporting into the VP of Translational Biology, you will be leading the in-vivo team, focussing on in-vivo pharmacology and disease model biology. You will play a key role in the discovery of novel therapeutic candidates comprising live bacteria delivered orally, the projects include the company’s ulcerative colitis and immuno-oncology programs. Your knowledge in Biology and industry experience will be essential to the company’s development of new medicines.
• Tactically lead in-vivo biology capability in the company
• Engage with both internal and external senior stake holder’s
• Establish novel models of host and microbiome biology relevant to human disease, with a focus on immuno-oncology, IBD and autoimmunity
• Liaise with external CROs to develop assays to support projects where necessary
• Experience and interest in establishing novel animal models of disease based on understanding of underlying biological mechanisms
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Scientist who has a strong in-vivo experience as well as a background in immune oncology. If you are searching for the opportunity to step up into a strategic, leadership-based role, then this is a fantastic opportunity for you.
To Be Successful You Will Need
• PhD in a biological discipline with an additional 3 years or more industry experience in in-vivo pharmacology, ideally within the fields of immuno-oncology and/or immunology/autoimmunity.
• Ability to design, execute and document rigorous testing of therapeutic agents to the highest standards of quality and reproducibility, suitable for selection as development candidates and submission to regulators
• Ability to work independently and deliver projects to timescale and budget
• Good presentational skills, both oral and written
• A high level of motivation and willingness to contribute flexibly as required in order to help the company succeed
If you are looking to be part of an expanding team that is aiming to revolutionise medicines and the healthcare industry, then don’t delay and apply now.
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02078221710.
If this role is not for you, we do operate a bonus referral scheme should we go on to successfully place someone that you have introduced to us, so please feel free to share these details within your network.