Reference Number: JO-2309-523363
Interim Assistant Director
Rate: £125,000 – 126,360
Job Type: Contract
Location: Central London / West End
Job Title – Interim Assistant Director Contract Services
Location – London – WC1H 9BT – Hybrid
Pay Rate – Up to £126,360 Per Annum
Contract Length– 12 Months – discussions to be had after initial 12 months
Purpose of The Role
To provide leadership and oversight of the research and innovation contracting services relating to the Life and Medical Science portfolio (covering Faculties of Brain Sciences, Life Sciences, Medical Sciences and Population Health Sciences).
Duties and Responsibilities
· To lead negotiations for the University on strategic contractual matters, identifying significant risks, co-ordinating expert opinions where necessary, and working with General Counsel to ensure the contractual arrangements are consistent with the University’s governance and statutory compliance obligations.
· To maintain up to date knowledge and expertise in legal, contractual and national issues impacting on the higher education sector through a network of contacts and membership on local, national and international professional organisations as appropriate.
· To ensure fit for purpose processes and operations for all contracts.
· Responsibility for the development of effective working relationships and practices with the relevant faculties and senior colleagues at the University, including but not limited to, Vice-Presidents, Associate Vice-Provosts, Deans, General Counsel, and Directors of Faculty Operations and Professional Services Directorates.
· To lead a team of Senior Contract Managers to deliver an effective service and to organise that team against priorities, workloads and function priorities.
· Ensuring responsive and efficient delivery of contracting support for all the clients activity, with an emphasis on identifying, preventing, resolving and mitigating actual or potential issues.
· Contributing to the development of appropriate metrics for activity and performance for the relevant faculties, to be reported internally and used to assist in the development of robust management information about research contracts across the business.
· Keeping abreast of changes to external funders’ contractual terms and conditions in particular their policies relating to issues including liability, pricing, intellectual property rights and freedom to publish, as these pertain to clinical trials.
· To identify gaps in contractual knowledge, developing expertise within the Contracts Team in such areas.
· Support the Contracting Transformation Programme, acting as a subject matter expert and providing input to a variety of work packages.
· Follow and actively promote the company.
· Carry out any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager.
· This job description may be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the post holder.
· They offer a hybrid working where appropriate. The companies guidance recommends that hybrid workers are on-site between 20% and 80% of the time. Staff in Research and Innovation Services are categorised as hybrid workers. Individual requirements and reasonable adjustments can be discussed with the line manager.