Reference Number: JO-2304-514005
Internal Audit Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Internal Audit Manager
Working for a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. A business that brings together talented people and drives their development, innovative thinking and long-term career prospects. An ethically-focused business, people come here for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, they offer the satisfaction of making a meaningful difference through improving lives all around the world.
As Internal Audit Manager, you will be responsible to lead and execute internal audit assignments as well as occasional consulting and advisory engagements within the business group. Engagements may focus on any operational area (procurement, inventory management, sales, HR, finance etc.) as well as special activities like major investment, strategic or information technology projects. In line with the Standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), you will provide independent assessments focusing on risks and recommendations for the organization to ensure:
• the effectiveness of internal control systems and risk management
• the compliance with policies, procedures, laws and regulations
• the safeguarding of assets against loss, theft and/or misuse
• the correctness of financial and operational reporting
• the effective and efficient use of resources.
Role / Main Responsibilities:
• As the audit lead, you will be fully responsible for the assignment, from the planning until the report has been published. This includes the analyses of data and processes, identification of risks and gaps in controls as well as their root causes, in order to identify recommendations for remediation and improvements. You will ensure communication and documentation of audit activities as per IIA Standards, involving also regular status update meetings and a formal closing meeting with the responsible management, as well as occasional reporting on Group management level when needed. Furthermore, you will be responsible for monitoring the completion reporting by the auditees and executing follow-up audits to verify the effective implementation of action plans
• This role includes the supervision, guidance and training of usually 1-2 assigned auditors, and/or occasionally the coordination with an external expert hired to provide special expertise as required. As audit manager, you will provide feedback on the performance of assigned team member(s) and the planning of their development within the organization.
• You will report directly to the Head of Internal Audit, and provide support to managing the global function by leading or contributing to various internal initiatives involving ongoing improvements of the internal audit organization and its activities (e.g. work programs, audit processes, reporting etc.); this entails also that you establish and maintain a network with key stakeholders like global process owners to stay up-to-date with developments of projects and standardizations, relevant for internal audits.
Minimum Required Qualifications / Skills:
• BA/BSc, preferably in finance / accounting, degree in chemistry or similar also welcome
• Experienced in internal/external auditing of processes in manufacturing industry; additional prior experience in other business activities/functions preferred
• Very experienced in executing assignments in compliance with international standards; active CIA (or CISA) certificate mandatory
• Mandatory experience and solid know-how of SAP, standard business processes like S2P, OTC, R2R, general IT processes, as well as data analytics tools (e.g. PowerBI and/or Tableau) and their implementation for the business
• Good knowledge of IT fundamentals/general controls and awareness of current technology landscape; competence to execute audits related to information technology projects/business applications (CRM, MES, ERP, Data Analytics platforms etc.)
• Very good analytical skills, risk focused, target and deadline oriented, result driven and solution developer, ambitious and motivated self-starter but also a good team player
• Very good communicator with strong leadership skills; potential and interest to develop your career within the Group
• Fluent in English (oral and in writing)
• Travel requirements approximately 20-30%
• Location: Basel Headquarters (flexible hybrid working policy)
For more information on this role please contact: email@example.com or call us on +41 615 470 381