Reference Number: JO-2203-487677
Junior Quantity Surveyor
Job Type: Permanent
Our client an award-winning and innovative contractor providing project solutions for the water and wastewater industry including design, construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance.
The company has continued on its growth strategy within the UK Water Sector and now boasts projects and long-term framework agreements with key Water Companies like Yorkshire Water, Affinity Water and Thames Water.
With strategies in place to deliver their current backlog to an exceptional standard and further grow the business in the UK, Our client is seeking to appoint a Junior Quantity Surveyor.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and driven individual to join a growing business in the UK market.
- Liaising with and reporting to the QS Manager
- Representing the Companys interest at meetings held relating to the work under their control
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and cost plans
- Manage, administer and co-ordinate all types of construction projects, including contracts and sub-contracts, construction progress schedules, cost control systems, and work measurements
- Monitor works packages against budget, assess variation claims and prepare reports for Client
- Submit timely requests for payment, agreement of these with Clients representative
- Develop and maintain relationships with Client Representatives to support the activities and maintain positive relations on behalf of the client
- Reviewing tender enquiries and tender analysis for projects
- Organise and chair pre-award meetings with new sub-contractors
- Process fortnightly/monthly sub-contractor payment certificates
- Final account preparations at the end of the project
- Maintain good relations with clients and their representatives
- Support staff to perform commercial/contractual duties as necessary
- Ensure the companys interest are fully protected by contractual compliance
- Organise, in liaison with senior management, the preparation of contractual claims
- Provide the Commercial Manager with sufficient information to enable the preparation of monthly and quarterly records of cash flow controls to be maintained
- Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience with proven track record in dealing with Subcontractors and Clients in relation to Valuations, Variations, Final Accounts and cost reporting
- Displays through understanding of specifications, bills of quantities, and drawings
- Demonstrates excellent budgetary responsibility
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with ability to manage multiple priorities at once
- Self-starter and ability to organise the workday around assigned activities and priorities with minimum supervision
- Must be highly flexible with a high-level commitment to success
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team with wide variety of individuals demonstrating effective interpersonal skills