Reference Number: JO-2005-449887
Laboratory Supervisor/Biomedical Scientist
Job Type: Permanent
Laboratory Supervisor/Biomedical Scientist – COVID-19
A leading business within the tech world is opening a new facility in Manchester for the testing of COVID-19. This business are keen to bring on-board a Laboratory Supervisor with experience in diagnostic testing from a biomedical setting.
The Laboratory Supervisor will provide day-to-day onsite supervision of laboratory staff, providing guidance, direction and support. Reporting into the Laboratory Director they will work with staff to ensure testing is accurate and efficiently carried out, contributing to the positive impact of the laboratory on healthcare outcomes.
– Consistently exercise discretion and independent judgment in providing supervision of test performance by qualified lab personnel
– Monitor test analyses and examinations to ensure that adequate levels of analytic performance are maintained
– Work cooperatively in a team environment supporting senior laboratory and management staff
– Ensure operational compliance with the clinical laboratorys Quality Management Systems Program and delivery of routine QMS associated metrics, as well as maintenance and supervisory of the proficiency testing (PT) program
– Monitor key financial, quality, and efficiency indicators and recognizes opportunities for improvement
– Educated to BSc degree level in biological sciences or a related field, MSc or PhD would be preferable although not essential.
– HCPC registration must be valid
– Extensive experience as a Biomedical Scientist
– Experience supervising in a virology laboratory
Please note this individual will be a on a permanent contract and be instrumental in the future adaptation or development of the facility once COVID-19 testing at such a high level is no longer needed.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, please apply online. Any queries can be directed to Kimberley Warren on 07900981267 or email@example.com.