Reference Number: JO-2003-447505_2
Lead Scientist, Dry Powder Inhalers(FTC)
Job Type: Contract
Lead Scientist – Pharmaceutical Development (Dry Powder Inhalers)
12 month FTC / Full-time / Wiltshire
Our client, an industry leading CDMO in inhalation medical devices across the UK, is looking to bring on board a Lead Scientist to perform & develop a wide range of experimental procedures focused on dry powder inhalers within their Pharmaceutical Development Group.
The company is an inhaled product development specialist across both small and large molecules for a variety of clients from small biotechs to global pharmaceutical organisations. They offer a unique capability of service across formulation & development, pharmaceutical analysis, device development & manufacturing & technical transfer for dry powder inhalers, pressurised metered dose inhalers & nebulisers.
Their inhalation development sites are based in Chippenham, Wiltshire & Cambridge with corporate offices in London & an oral manufacturing site in France.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Perform a wide range of lab and/or process activities, mainly consisting of using HPLC, formulations & other analytical chemistry techniques to solve scientific problems, perform quality investigations & drive root cause analysis
• Change, resource & stakeholder management within the team. Suggest opportunities for improvement, follow changes & communicate effectively to internal & external stakeholders
• Comply with health & safety requirements, GMP standards, SOPs & reporting
• Provide training to junior staff where required
• Ensure data compliance with quality standards & report on analyses
• Contribute to method development & validation efforts within the team
• Maintain comprehensive records of all work & written reports, in line with internal quality systems
Education & Experience
• Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutics, Analytical Chemistry, Biomedical Science, etc.)
• Previous industry experience in project teams either in inhalation medical devices or another relevant & transferrable area
• Experience of using HPLC in an industry environment
• Experience of working to GMP/GLP standards & authoring/following SOPs
Skills & Knowledge
• Good working knowledge of HPLC
• In-depth knowledge of analytical chemistry, formulations, analytical method & drug development
Can you see yourself being part of a company that celebrates diversity and believes that better thinking and decisions come from wider experience? If the answer is yes and you have a desire to be an integral part of a dynamic team, we would be keen to hear from you.