Reference Number: JO-2105-467825
Market Access Specialist
Job Type: Permanent
Market Access Specialist
Territory – Mid North West UK (ideally Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire based)
Our Client has a leading portfolio of medical devices and we are seeking an experienced Market Access Specialist to implement the Market Access strategy to maximise brand uptake and growth of our Clients product portfolio in the Mid North West.
Key to the role will be your ability to understand, navigate and keep current with the healthcare system at a local and national level to enable effective execution of plans.
You will identify, understand priorities and develop relationship with Payers and Clinical stakeholders across Primary and Secondary care that will influence adoption and uptake of the product portfolio.
– Have clinical data and economic discussions and so communicate the Value Proposition appropriately to both clinical and non-clinical stakeholders.
– Build Clinical and Non Clinical Champions and Advocates who can influence the update of the product portfolio and digital ecosystem. Demonstrate, with evidence, how clinical pathways can be transformed positively, delivering health and economic benefits.
– Mobilise local KOLs to maximise peer to peer influence and advocacy.
– Preparation of LHEs/Trusts/CCGs for reimbursement through identifying a patient pathway and understanding the (sustainable) funding flow and process for local formulary submission and criteria for success.
– Post reimbursement work with target account HCP advocates to submit well prepared formulary applications, as per agreed account roll out plan.
– Work collaboratively with RMs and TMs to create account plans and ensure smooth and seamless customer facing execution in their implementation.
1. Enable access for the portfolio in LHEs/Trusts/CCGs through negotiating suitable patient cohorts and funding pathways.
2. Be the product, therapy and clinical data expert. Be proficient with the tools and resources provided, proactively self-educate where needed. Educate TMs appropriately and align them to consistent messaging and understanding the Market Access objectives and goals.
3. Identify local projects and initiatives that will support long term sustainable uptake. Bring to life through project plans and agreement with line manager to implement.
4. Have an updated, detailed clinical and non-clinical stakeholder map for the area understanding local dynamics and influencers. Be proactive to research and understand local strategic imperatives and initiatives that may influence process or decision making.
5. Build and update Market Access Specialist Business Plans providing region overview and strategy and implementation by account for the year. Present quarterly to team for discussion.
6. Keep current with therapy area and NHS landscape, share information and intelligence with peers and educate TMs and support their knowledge base progression.
7. Communicate best practice with peers in areas such as formulary submissions, business case development and pathway redesign.
8. Work with HCPs to submit Business Case and Formulary applicates to create access and then drive deeper adoption over time through stronger advocacy and expansion of patient cohorts.
9. Develop KOLs relationships and work with MA and Marketing to ensure an aligned one team approach.
10. Attend team and national meetings as directed.
11. Be timely with administrative requirements.