Reference Number: JO-2211-506216
Materials Engineering Adminstrator
Job Type: Permanent
Our client a world leader in their imaging products, is currently looking to appoint an experienced Materials Administrator to join the team. As the Materials Administrator you will ensure the timely purchase and supply of parts predominantly driven by demand from the production schedule and place orders for any other goods required and approved by department/senior managers.
To ensure that all core areas of the business adhere to the requirements of ISO9001:2015, the QMS, internal processes and procedures and address the needs of internal and external interested parties (customers, regulators and internal stakeholders).
To identify possible improvements to the quality management system (QMS).
Be aware of the Quality Policy, Quality Objectives and contribute towards the effectiveness of the Quality Management System and the implications of not conforming with the Quality Management System requirements.
The Materials Administrator carries out a regular review of the master production schedule and other general planner order requests acting on the recommendations as appropriate
The role involves close working with the Supply Chain Manager, Production Manager, production supervisors and Sales Team.
The role involves an understanding of MPS/MRP methods
The role is a part-time role working within office hours onsite at the company’s premises.
- Implement and maintain a matrix of lead-times for products and minimum order levels for materials + overs for waste and yield
- A key liaison with the Suppliers
- Review Sales/Customer requirements and plan appropriate quotes and purchases to ensure parts are available to meet on-time delivery
- Gather approvals, then raise and issue purchase orders to suppliers in good time
- Maintain appropriate call-off schedules for high quantity, regular parts to manage stock inventory and cash flow.
- Maintain oversight on consumables stock and ensure replenishment orders are placed in a timely manner.
- Maintain and develop a good working relationship with our suppliers, working with the Supply Chain Manager to foster continuous improvement in their performance.
- Highlight poor supplier performance to the Supply Chain Manager and Quality Manager so that appropriate remedial action may be taken.
- Manage the process for items being returned to suppliers due to poor quality, raising returns and new orders on MRP system as appropriate.
- Complete purchase order acknowledgments and work with suppliers to minimise late deliveries, looking at purchase order priorities with the Supply Chain Manager as necessary.
- Monitor pricing changes from Suppliers and advise finance team of material fluctuations in prices of key inputs when applicable
- Coordination with Sales and Finance teams for import clearance procedures where required
- Co-ordinate with Sales Team to create work orders in response to the sales orders and demand from clients
- Co-ordinate with Production Manager and Supervisors to ensure proper flow of work orders onto shop floor.
- Completion of work orders into MRP system
- Assisting the Supply Chain Manager with the coordination of stock counts, post stock adjustments and stock reconciliations.
- Assisting the Supply Chain Manager with the MRP stock control computerised record system is maintained.
- Support Warehouse in issuing the picking/packing lists to allow the packing and booking of shipments to customers.
- Support Warehouse in processing the despatch paperwork required for the shipping and finance staff to complete the customer shipment process.
Health and Safety
- Promote and maintain awareness and compliance of H&S in accordance with best practice and legal requirements.
- Promote and uphold company performance standards and ideology (quality, continuous improvement, housekeeping & work ethic).
- Participate in internal and external training where provided as necessary for the job and the individual to ensure continuous professional development.
- To ensure the role holders training file is current
- Other reasonable duties which may be assigned related to the role dimensions.
This is a part-time role, based at our Cambridge office.