Reference Number: JO-1911-441188
Mechanical Design Engineer
Job Type: Contract
Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer Contract, Utilities, Coventry
Duration: 9 months (possibility of extension)
Salary: Very competitive, please contact me directly for this
If you are looking for a change so you can work in a fun and friendly environment for a leading Utilities organisation, why not apply for this role today?
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Design Engineer will be involved in all aspects of system design across a range of technologies and may be allocated to a specific large-scale project for a role of a Project Engineer.
The ideal candidate will have experience and knowledge of large mechanical plantrooms, 250kW plus thermal output, hydraulic circuit sizing, pump pressure losses, CDM, CIBSE guidelines, controls, commissioning and testing for integrated boilers, chillers and renewables.
The appointment will initially be for a period of 9 months but may be extended if the opportunity requires.
– Take full responsibility for system design from conception through detailed design to post-installation design verification
– Specify equipment; produce system schematics, layout drawings and materials requirement
– Offer technical support to the Sales and Installations departments
– Attend client meetings as required to finalise and co-ordinate system capabilities and interfaces
– Carry out all duties to ensure efficiency and rigour in Engineering practices/output
– Manage workload effectively and adhere to deadlines in an environment where priorities can be shifting
– Participate fully in the creative and entrepreneurial atmosphere of a growing company
– Other duties that may be required from time to time by the company
– Mechanical Engineering/Building Services degree or equivalent
– At least 3 years post qualification experience in a similar environment
– Have good understanding of HVAC mechanical system design principles
– Experience working with at least 3 of the following technologies: GSHP, ASHP, Solar Thermal, Solar PV, CHP, Biomass, Gas boilers.
– Experience in the use of AutoCad, Revit 3D, Excel
– Excellent organisational, communication and problem-solving skills
– Ability to manage own workload and multi-task
Not ready to apply or have some questions first? No problem, please feel free to contact me, Juber Rahman at any time on +44 (0) 207 822 1710 / firstname.lastname@example.org
If this role is not suited to your skillset, please feel free to share these details within your professional networks as we do offer a generous bonus referral scheme of 250 in vouchers should we go on to successfully please someone you recommend to us.