Reference Number: JO-2111-479397
Medical Affairs Executive
Job Type: Contract
Medical Affairs Executive
12 Month Contract
PAYE up to £25.80 – LTD up to £34.67
Remote working Available
• Provide medical review and approval of promotional materials and activities in accordance with applicable Codes of Practice and regulations, Company policy and any other relevant regulations
• Assist in development of new claims for key brands
• Partner and collaborate with internal departments as appropriate.
• Assist in the defence of key claims upon challenge by competitor companies and challenge on competitor advertising as appropriate.
• Assist in writing and amending SmPCs (Summary of Product Characteristics), PILs (Patient Information Leaflets) and label information.
• Participate in the production of written documents, including clinical overviews and umbrella branding statements to be submitted to regulatory agencies as required, with support from Senior Medical Affairs Executives.
Key working relationships
Outside the Company: Trade associations including ABPI and PAGB, Healthcare professionals including pharmacists, smoking cessation advisors and doctors, Associations of healthcare professionals, including pharmacists and doctors, Regulatory Agencies and Non-governmental organisations
Within the Company: Medical Affairs (local, regional and global), Marketing, especially Professional Marketing (local, regional and global), Field sales force, Regulatory Affairs (local and regional), Customer Development (local), Global Clinical R&D Helsingborg and Quality and Legal.
Main Performance Measures
• Accurate review/approval of promotional materials and activities
• Development of new claims
• Defence of key claims upon challenge by competitor companies
• Accurate wording on SmPCs/PILs/label information (where applicable)
• Accurate production of ‘regulatory’ documents such as clinical overviews and umbrella branding statements
• Efficient and accurate handling of medical information enquiries
• SOPs and WIs kept up to date
• Timely notification to external stakeholders of new product launches or discontinuations
• Maintenance of core claims database(s)
Education – Degree in Pharmacy or a Life Science (preferred 2:1 or above)
• Experience in the Pharmaceutical/OTC Industry within a medical role (must have copy review experience if a medical information background)
• Working knowledge of relevant advertising codes of practice (PAGB/ABPI) desirable
• Experience within consumer healthcare / OTC an advantage
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Ability to build and establish strong and productive relationships
• Demonstrates exceptional attention to detail
• Strong and effective communicator (both internally and externally)
• Excellent standard of written English
• Ability to prioritise work effectively
• Demonstrates ability to work with teams and individuals
• Easily adaptable and receptive to change