Reference Number: JO-2303-512117
Medical Customer Engagement Director
Job Type: Permanent
Director, Medical Customer Engagement Major Markets – BMS
7 month contract
35 hours per week
50 Office based (Uxbridge)/ 50 Hybrid
£60.44 Per Hour PAYE
POSITION TITLE: Director, Medical Customer Engagement Major Markets
DEPARTMENT: World Wide Medical Customer Engagement Capability
LOCATION: Uxbridge UK
REPORTS TO: Head, Medical Customer Engagement
DIRECT SUBORDINATE POSITIONS: Medical Customer Engagement Major Market Manager(s)
To ensure the provision of a customer focused Medical Information (MI) service to HCPs and patients across
Major Markets, aligned with the Worldwide Medical Capabilities model by;
– Leading and driving the strategy and execution of MI processes, standards and services
– Providing operational oversight for the relationship with the External Partner.
– Collaborating within MI matrix teams at a Worldwide (WW) and Market level performing MI
activities that meet local regulatory/cultural requirements.
1. Relationship lead with all key matrix functions at a Worldwide (WW)/Market level in order to:
– Provide an MI request service for managing complex questions in a timely and efficient manner
– Support the delivery of MI to HCPs and patients to meet market and regulatory needs
– Provide MI guidance and support for local or WW congress booths as required
2. Provide oversight and strategic leadership to the Medical Customer Engagement Major Market
Manager(s). Develop, coach and foster individual and team development.
3. Lead Medical Information activities, such as:
– Establishment, Maintenance and Adherence to processes and procedures ensuring operational
– Delivery of performance reports and insights to stakeholders
– Inspection readiness and audit participation
– Oversight of supplier budget
– Solutioning of telephony issues
– Service Evolution
4. Monitor performance of external partner against agreed procedures and quality metrics to ensure
compliance. Identify continuous improvement opportunities and lead process improvement plans.
5. Provide training requirements to the external partner and manage the provision and delivery of expert
support and training ensuring up-to-date information to the partner on a regular basis.
6. Ensure accurate, balanced and current resources are available and communicated, to enable external
partner to respond to unsolicited requests for MI received through all channels.
7. Collaborate closely with external partner to ensure needs identification for standard content and active
contribution to the development of WW Core Content.
8. Provide oversight for ensuring escalations for Major Markets are managed in a timely and efficient
manner and oversee the process for ensuring all European content is consistent with product labelling
and new and updated WW content.
9. Responsible for the operational execution of MI systems, services, communications and tactics in the
delivery of on-demand MI to customers.
10. Engage, participate and drive initiatives of the WW Medical Capabilities organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
• Pharmacist, physician or life science graduate
• Considerable experience in the pharmaceutical or related industry including MI and ability to
demonstrate expert knowledge of MI function, activities and processes
• Prior experience managing and leading internal Medical Information Contact Channel or Outsourced
Medical Information Partners in a global, highly matrixed organisation
• Fluency in both spoken and written English
• Ability to establish effective, strong and productive relationships and working interfaces with relevant
stakeholders. Leverages both formal and informal networks and relationships to obtain information and
• Ability to critically analyze performance against quality measures, metrics and process. Able to develop
and implement appropriate actions in response to outcomes.
• Strong organizational skills, with the ability to problem solve and develop solutions.
• Collaboration across WW Medical Capabilities to efficiently align resources, simplify processes and
identify opportunities for enhanced customer experience.
• Leadership Skills demonstrating ability to work across the matrix to provide an excellent Medical
Information service to respond to customer enquiries.
• Experience leading and managing dynamic change within an organisation including leading projects
demonstrating decision making, negotiation and influential skills.
• Excellent understanding of WW and Market level specific regulations, guidelines and the practice of
medicine as it is pertinent to MI.
• Excellence in communication of processes and value of Medical Customer Engagement to internal and
external stakeholders including analysis and communication of metrics and customer insights from MI
• Initiative to identify gaps and propose solutions that optimize process and utilize technology.
• Proficiency with systems (e.g., Salesforce), processes, products and customer relations skills
§ Opportunity to enhance management skills (internal teams and external partners) and lead projects
§ Experience working with medical professionals across Markets and the WW Medical Capabilities Team
§ Building a reputation and visibility with the Medical Information community internally and externally
§ Strengthening relationship building skills through cross-functional and cross-cultural involvement