Reference Number: JO-2309-523077
Principal Scientist / Group Leader Formulation
Job Type: Permanent
Looking for a seasoned scientist that has experience managing a group of technicians/scientists and that have previously worked on development activities related to drug products of large molecule biologics, to join a globally renowned company as a Principal Scientist / Group Leader.
This role is open to EU citizens willing to relocate to Switzerland (relocation assistance is provided).
- Lead formulation development activities related to liquid and lyophilized parenteral drug products of large molecule biologics(e.g. monoclonal antibodies, novel formats, ADCs, peptides), vaccines and small molecules.
- Design, plan, execute and deliver formulation studies as well as characterization studies based on contracted terms and scientific inputs relevant to product
- Supervises the analyses of formulations in context of the product development using analytical and pharmaceutical test methods
- Author technical documents and support preparation of regulatory documentation
- Manage group of technicians, engineers and/or scientists and collaborate across departments
- Ensure safety and health protection following lab and safety instructions as well as basic GMP qualification
- Contribute to improvements, explore new technologies and lead integration of activities
- Enable innovation and technical strategy projects, generate IP and evaluate and implement new methods and technologies
- Ph.D. in pharmaceutical sciences, chemistry, biochemistry, or related fields
- Significant work experience in biotech / pharma industry
- Experience with technical issues and requirements for development of drug product formulation and/or processes of biologics.
- Knowledge of lyophilization, primary packaging, aseptic product manufacture (protein or vaccine drug products and/or protein analytics is desirable)
- Excellent communication skills, excellent command of English both written and oral
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal as well as planning skills
If you are interested or would like to learn more please forward your CV alongside your availability to email@example.com