Reference Number: JO-2401-527532
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire
On-site 5 Days
Salary: Competitive plus
• 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Generous pension scheme
• A work environment based in the beautiful Salisbury countryside, with free on-site parking, easy access to London and the south coast
• Life Assurance
The Procurement Manager function is responsible for sourcing of all materials and services following the Companies Procurement Policy. The Procurement Manager is responsible for cross functional working, developing strategies and methodologies for cost reduction, risk mitigation and compliant with regulatory procurement procedures, including Public Contract Regulations 2015, and internal budgets. The Procurement Manager will lead the team to ensure goods and services are sourced efficiently on time and whilst also minimising any risks to GMP production inherent in the supply chain. This role reports to the Director Supply Chain Operations but will also work closely with the Finance Director.
• Preparation of supplier agreements and perform risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements
• Negotiate with suppliers to secure advantageous terms, mitigate risk and provide continuous supply of goods and services without compromise to quality
• Product sourcing, manufacturer and/or supplier selection and negotiation.
• To work within the site Quality System and to current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), adhering to all policies, procedures, rules, regulations, and guidelines and reporting any non-compliance promptly
• Undertake work in accordance with Companies Health and Safety Policies and Procedures, protecting self and others at all times and reporting hazards/near misses promptly.
• Ensure relevant activities are in full compliance with Companies Codes of Practice (COPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Take overall responsibility to ensure correct product sourcing, manufacturer/supplier selection and negotiation for most cost effective and efficient procurement
• Ensure compliance to all procurement rules and regulations, in particular PCR 2015
• Ensure the right product, is in the right place, to the correct quantity, at the right time, at the right cost and at the right quality.
• Manage, lead, motivate, train, develop and act as a role model for the procurement team
• Develop procurement and inventory management strategies that are cost-effective and meet the needs of the business
• Build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders, providing support, guidance and expertise in sourcing goods and services for departmental and sites requirements.
• Control and manage the procurement budget, promoting a culture of cost-effective procurement, ensuring value and sustainability.
• Lead and /or contribute to regular continuous improvement exercises to enhance working practices or address local quality or performance issues
• Have a good understanding of Terms and Conditions (T&C) and knowledge of UK Contract Law
• Perform routine self-inspections and host internal and external audits
• Work collaboratively with the Supplier Relationship Manager to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Current, valid Right to Work in UK
• A good standard of written and spoken English
• An understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity and good working relationships, both in terms of day-to-day working practices, but also in relation to management systems
• Educated to degree level in a relevant subject or equivalent qualification, or significant experience of working at a similar level in specialist area
• Supply chain and logistics experience in the pharmaceutical or related industry
• Management/leadership of staff or project teams
• Knowledge and experience of working to cGMP
• Stakeholder Management
• Supplier Relationship Management
• Understanding UK Procurement Regulation PCR 2015
• Basic understanding of Contract Law
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Advanced analytical skills
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchase and Supply
• Project management experience or leadership of supply chain initiatives
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office packages
• Project management skills