Reference Number: JO-2106-471246
Job Type: Permanent
PAYE, competitive day rate
Contract until December 2021
Cambridge, remote work
As the client launches the Growth Through Innovation strategy, we have created a single R&D Procurement group that will support the two new integrated R&D units. Oncology and Biopharmaceuticals (Respiratory, CVRM and INA). These units have responsibility for the value chain from discovery through to late-stage development, enabling rapid acceleration of promising early-stage assets and life-cycle management programs. The new R&D structure is designed to help us build on this proud legacy of scientific contribution, and ensure we are positioned to continue to translate our innovative science into even more life-changing medicines for patients.
Ensures all sourcing arrangements are successful and aligned to company and area strategy and manages supplier relationships at an operational/strategic level. Otherwise, may be responsible for strategic planning, relationship management and reviews of existing supplier arrangements for one or more therapeutic areas.
- Planning and oversight of study related contracting within one or more therapeutic areas.
- Support the implementation of market/ category plans to ensure that the underpinning process improvement and procurement activities deliver the expected business value in accordance with the strategic plans
- Supports the Director/ Associate Director in strategic relationship management (customer and supplier) – to ensure that Market & Category Strategies are highly aligned to current and future Business need and that the supply base can support these strategies.
- Works with relevant Director/ Associate Director(s) to ensure implementation of fully integrated and customer-aligned category plans.
- Works alongside GPS (Global Procurement Services) in advising on and driving procurement strategies to make decisions necessary to purchase products and services in congruence with organisational objectives
- Coordinates the introduction of new and modified products and services with appropriate departments
- Analyses and resolves issues raised in procurement audit reports
- Advises on contracts and agreements for the supply of complex products and services with new and existing suppliers
- Develops, evaluates or manages internal and external relationships with suppliers and other cross-functional teams Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience Essential
- Degree level or equivalent qualifications
- Significant experience in R&D Procurement at a management level
- Sound understanding of Safety, Health and Environment
- Project management, change management and people management skills
- Good working knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry
- Extensive experience in line management, technical support and project management Key Relationships to reach solutions
To apply or for more information on this role please get in touch via email- George King email@example.com