Reference Number: JO-2312-527200
Rate: £32,000 – 35,000
Job Type: Permanent
Calling all Technicians with Electro-Mechanical Assembly experience who would like to progress into a Production Engineer, this could be the role for you.
The Production Engineer will be responsible for the following
- Technical oversight in the build of cameras and systems
- Building of cameras and initial functional testing. This includes devising practical solutions to problems arising during construction and feeding back the design modifications to R&D.
- Diagnosing, fault finding and repairing customer returns.
- Machining one-off or short-run metal components.
- Drawing component details for manufacture and producing images for camera calibration and correction
- The production engineer contributes to the overall achievement of production output, whilst also focussing on high yield and quality KPI targets.
- The standard working hours are typically office type hours from Monday to Friday
- Production of optical and x-ray cameras on work benches, in laminar flow cabinets and cleanroom.
- Production of x-ray and similar cabinets and systems involving mechanical and electrical assembly of sub-assembly and component parts
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical schematics.
- Machine shop skills.
- Soldering skills
- Fault-finding from circuit diagrams using functional understanding of electronics and physics
- Knowledge of adhesives including UV curing and vacuum epoxy.
- Application of scintillator material to fibre-optics.
- Bonding fibre-optic tapers to CCD and CMOS sensors.
- Knowledge of vacuum system construction techniques and materials.
- Use of image capture software applications and installation of firmware
Production Support and Quality Control
· Monitor & review production processes.
· Ensure procedures and processes are complete and accurate.
· Ensure equipment, jigs and fixtures are fully functional and suitable for the production processes.
· Assist with training of new production staff.
· Take appropriate and effective action to address and resolve any problems or delays in production.
· Participate in new equipment evaluation
· Participate in the transfer of R&D products into production products
· Identify and implement corrective and improvement actions
· Maintain a clean, well-organised working area
Health & Safety
· Promote & maintain awareness and compliance of H&S in accordance with best practice and legal requirement.
· The role may include other reasonable duties/tasks from time to time.
In this role you will also work with other areas of the business which will include..
- Liaising with the Supply chain and Operations managers on day-to-day tasks, issues and priorities
- Working alongside colleagues to optimise production workflow and support one another
- Interacting with Design, Software and Test engineers when problems occur to problem solve issues