Reference Number: JO-2111-481145
Job Type: Contract
3-4 month contract
£18- £25 per hour
Have you ever wanted to play a crucial part in implementing a positive change to people’s lives? An NHS research study is currently looking for a Recruitment Coordinator with phlebotomy skills to join them and be a part of the positive change. The ideal candidate should possess the ability to work well as part of a team, but also be able to work independently. They should have excellent organisation and communication, compatible with educating subjects on their participation in clinical trials and have a solid working knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
· Work as part of a team of research active staff, coping with a flexible timetable to cover the clinical requirements of the CRF as efficiently as possible.
· Provide on-going advice and support to patients and families in the outpatient clinics and by telephone
· Develop and implement specialist care programmes (where appropriate) alongside the implementation of clinical trials and utilise professional background to deliver this.
· Assisting with pre-screening clinic assessments including obtaining blood samples and other appropriate pathological tests.
· Act as an on-going point of contact for patients, families and other health professionals relating to clinical trials.
· Working closely with the consultant and junior members of the clinical service and the research team to provide continuity of care.
· Work closely with the medical social workers.
· Develop links with other NIHR clinical research facilities throughout the UK to improve local systems identifying patients who may be eligible for clinical trials.
· Work with the Research and Development teams to collect metrics relating to clinical trial recruitment.
· Flexible finishing times as some of the afternoon clinics finish late.
· Phlebotomy skills
· Possess a sound knowledge of the Clinical research process
· A solid working knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and current legislation on clinical trials
· Basic computer literacy, MS word, Excel, and Email. Previous use of Electronic databases
· Previous experience in clinical research, medical or scientific environment
· Experience of working in a similar capacity within an ICH GCP research environment
If you would like more information on this role or think you would be a great fit, please do not hesitate to get in contact via email to Alannah.White@cpl.com