Reference Number: JO-2309-523123
Scientist – Genome Engineering
Job Type: Permanent
We are seeking a Scientist to join our team. The team uses transgenic platforms as a starting point for developing immunological therapies for human diseases such as cancer. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the development of advanced medicines that can impact the lives of patients around the world.
In this role you will be responsible for:
• Take prime responsibility for the smooth running of a tissue culture facility including: Stocks of media and supplements, feeder cell stocks, organizing weekly rota.
• Targeting in ES cells for editing loci at scale of single genes and up to megabase scale chromosome manipulation.
• Use of CRISPR Cas9 to facilitate chromosomal manipulation.
• Applying techniques such as bacterial recombination (recombineering) for generating complex and large-scale transgenic vectors
• Derivation of ES cell clones from embryos.
• Phenotyping of mice to verify appropriate gain and/or loss of expression/function.
• Management and genotyping of mouse lines as required.
• Participation in a rota system to maintain ES cells as required.
• Maintenance of SOPs and risk assessments.
• Supervision of staff where appropriate.
• Recording and archiving of vector and cell line stocks.
• PhD in a biological discipline.
• Experience and an interest in molecular and cellular immunology is highly desirable.
• Confident in managing and hands-on activity to ensure a tissue culture facility is fully functional.
• Experience with targeting and otherwise manipulating mouse ES cells.
• Ability to troubleshoot technical process and scientific problems.
• Broad competence in molecular biology techniques.
• Experience creating complex vector constructs.
• Strong work ethic and determination to deliver objectives.
• Experience in colony management using databases (e.g., MCMS)