Reference Number: JO-2310-525134
Senior Accountant R2R
Job Type: Contract
Senior Accountant R2R
Location: Chester (50% Hybrid working)
Duration: 12 months (This will be extended, 24 months total)
Pay rate: £42,000 per annum
Hours: 35 hours per week
Responsible for the complex activities related to Record to Report including Intrastat reporting, Sales reconciliation, coordination of Intercompany back-charges, journal entry processing, closing activities and other complex financial processes
• Perform tasks accurately and independently as assigned by line manager through application of accounting and business knowledge.
• Prepare and review scheduled Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation Activities, action, monitor and execute escalations.
• Exhibit mastery of relevant Standard Operating Procedure and the reconciliation tool.
• Prepare and present balance sheet reviews.
• Monitor and manage specific month end (and year-end) related activities per Month End Close Timetable in collaboration with third party service provider.
• Understand overall closing schedule and assignment of tasks during the close and their respective deadlines and dependencies.
• Participate in daily monitoring calls during month end close. Escalate potential risks in delays from month end tasks.
• Support on audit planning and execution process.
• Continuous improvement in R2R, co-ordinate the optimisation of processes across the markets or companies within the market, consistently implementing best practices.
• Have a good working knowledge of company systems, procedures, policies and controls, information sources and analytical techniques.
• Actively obtain understanding of local business. Become subject matter experts in relation to processes performed.
• Co-operate with internal and external above-market GFS services.
• Work and manage activities independently within assigned scope; identify, analyse and solve problems requiring cross-department involvement; manage demands and expectations;
• Daily/weekly/monthly work prioritisation and planning guided by understanding of dependencies, complexity and compliance requirements.
• Co-operate with other teams internally as well as with external parties (local authorities).
• Independently drive cross-functional deliverables and issue resolution process within assigned scope.
• Identify and drive areas for CI within assigned scope by influencing and engaging business partners and supporting peers and managers in delivering on a broader scope.
Required Skills & Desired Experience:
• Degree in accounting or equivalent business experience.
• AAT qualified/ ACCA or CIMA part- or fully-qualified
• Experience in Intrastat reporting – required
• Maintains a high level of technical accounting knowledge of US GAAP or IFRS.
• Experience in accounting or finance, with demonstrable experience in record to report
• Excellent computer skills with competencies in MS applications and major ERP platforms (preference SAP).
• Excellent working knowledge of record to report processes in a multinational company.