Reference Number: JO-2105-469374
Senior Business Development Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Central London / West End
Senior Business Development Manager URGENT HIRE
Fully Remote working + Manchester based office when required
MUST HAVE PHARMA EXPEREICNE
CPL have partnered with a biotech start up to support with the urgent hire for a Senior Business Development Manager.
My client is a growing start up founded in 2014 from cutting-edge scientific research into how biomedical curation can utilise existing dark knowledge to accelerate future drug discovery.
Due to their continuous growth, they are seeking an experienced Senior Business Development manager. We are looking for someone who has experience in selling data or enterprise solutions into large pharma companies with quarter of a million revenue.
This role also provides the opportunity to key account manage 6 top pharma companies while working closely with the Head of Business Development in closing sales opportunities, identifying and securing new business opportunities for growth.
Key skills and experience:
- A proven deal sheet with a track record of high consistent sales and meeting revenue targets
- Good scientific credentials, qualifications ideally in life sciences to PhD level (but at least to first degree level).
- Ideally 10+ years of business development or sales experience selling data or enterprise solutions into the pharma industry
- Account-based marketing experience desirable.
- Knowledge of data curation including ontologies, text analytics, natural language processing, text-mining, knowledge management & systems biology, all within drug discovery is highly desirable.
- Have an extensive contacts list within our target segments, to supplement our existing customer base and network of opportunities. With discovery groups in big pharma.
- Experience in Business-to-Business relationships, pipeline planning, funnel (sales) management
- A valid drivers license and good driving record
- A willingness to undertake significant travel to clients. Additionally, travel is required to internal meetings, conferences, and exhibitions.
- Results focussed: Sense of urgency to build pipeline and close deals that are in the long-term growth interests of the company
- Has good business acumen: able to combine negotiating skills with significant scientific depth to identify and secure business opportunities
- Demonstrates first-class communication ability, with the credibility and skills of persuasion that are required to present arguments in a diplomatic, clear, concise, and logical manner, and to influence others positively
- The ability to think laterally, and to implement tactics that will lead to the evolution of both sales activities and corporate relationships
- Is a strong team player with the flexibility to work in multi-disciplinary teams with a wide range of personalities.
CPL are working directly with the client if you would like to know further information about this opportunity, please do not hesitate to contact us via the channels below.
m: 075 3548 0796
We offer a 250 referral scheme on candidates that have been placed, know anyone?