Reference Number: JO-2401-528362
Job Type: Contract
Hybrid – Uxbridge
12 month contract
Up to 65K
A widely respected pharmaceutical company are looking for a Buyer to join their team.
- The responsibility of this role is to aid the expansion of the company in international markets.
- The individual will work alongside the sourcing manager to establish commercial capabilities to support the organization’s brands in various ex-US local markets.
- Together, they will work to optimize value, mitigate risks, and ensure quality and cost-effectiveness.
- Additionally, the owner of this role will collaborate with the sourcing manager and business customers to support all sourcing activities, develop a plan for supplier relationship management to improve performance, relationships, and supplier development, and assess supplier capabilities and qualifications commercially and competitively for the benefit of the company.
A typical day might include:
- Provide fact-based data and category level analyses to support sourcing efforts. This may include competitive price / cost benchmarking, should cost analyses and models.
- Perform investigate spend analyses into category spend dynamics and find opportunities for further efficiency
- Perform supplier capabilities research to support RFx activities and collaborate customer to identify evaluation criteria
- Collaborate with Sourcing Manager to conduct sourcing projects (RFx) by engaging customers and the required cross-functional resources to ensure business objectives are met
- Lead and supervise contracts that are set to expire and work with Sourcing Manager to build a plan for supervising
- Support and maintain category summaries that provide insights into category spend dynamics and trends over a 3-year period.
- Support the Supplier Relationship Management efforts for Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers through customer engagement (internal and external), gain results through internal survey tools, identifying common themes that highlight areas of strengths, weaknesses and opportunities.
- Bachelor’s plus 5 years of relevant, progressive experience within strategic sourcing, to preferably include experience in sourcing within Pharma/Biotech.
- Validated understanding with sourcing contracting tools, ERP’s, and eRFx systems preferred. (Oracle, Zycus, GEP, Ariba, Other)
- Ability to demonstrate standard business applications for communicating, presenting and analyzing (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- The ability to be in the office 2-3 days per week