Reference Number: JO-2106-470687
Senior HR Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Leamington Spa
Senior HR Manager, Business Engagement
Contract length: 18 months
Pay rate: PAYE 27.69 per hour
Location: Leamington Spa
Start date: Imminent contract
The Senior HR Manager Business Engagement role will operate within the LSL to lead on partnering and engaging with the laboratory senior and line management, ensuring comprehensive Employee Relations, staff engagement and internal communications support to the laboratory management.
The role will have a customer-centric focus, building a solid understanding of the laboratory business in order to deliver appropriate support at pace and as required.
- Work with the HRD, SHRM Operations and the SLT to co-create and drive a LSL HR/people plan which considers internal/external, current/future influences and supports the achievement of the following:
- Performance management to drive high performance culture.
- Proactive plans that respond to staff survey results and build engagement and staff advocacy
- Embedding the diversity and inclusion aspirations of LSL and the values-based culture and purpose agreed by the SLT.
- Resource planning and talent management (including succession planning) to drive mobility, professional growth, and support retention/reduce single person dependency.
- Enhanced wellbeing of staff and smarter working principles.
- Build trusted relationships with line managers and the lab senior leadership team, developing a thorough knowledge and understanding of the wider organisational context, the relevant external environment, their laboratory areas and priorities, and the consequent people implications.
- Attend lab ops and relevant management meetings to support and drive forward people solutions to operational lab issues
- Challenge managers thinking, influencing decisions which support the achievement of LSLs corporate objectives in a values-compliant manner.
- Horizon scan for changes in employment law and recommend and implement appropriate plans to incorporate and accommodate relevant new legal requirements.
- Ensure the provision of an expert employee relations advisory service to senior leaders, including strategic and specialist advice that provides business -focused solutions and cases escalated from the HR Operations team; acting as an escalation point for HR Managers.
- Working with T&T Internal Communications and the T&T External Stakeholder Manager and SHRM – Operations, ensure the development of business engagement activity and a regular communications cadence in line with the remit outlined in Appendix A.
Key Outputs and Deliverables
- Seen as a trusted advisor and partner by senior managers, who is customer and solutions focussed and has the right to challenge
- Delivered key and cyclical HR projects, as agreed with the HR Director, to scope, time and budget.
- Lab-relevant people insights to the regular management reporting.
- Contribution to/completion of internal continuous improvement initiatives
- Completed, risk managed complex ER matters.
- Comprehensive people-related business engagement and communications programme
- Managing a motivated team who are valued by their clients
- Recognised as contributor to wider corporate agenda, a champion of change and promoter of the LSL as a great place to work.
- Develops and delivers valued training and development activities in collaboration with Training colleagues
To apply or for more information on this role please get in touch via email- George King- email@example.com