Reference Number: JO-2307-518937
Service Desk Analyst – German Speaking
Job Type: Contract
Role: Service Desk Analyst – German Speaking
Rate: £17.14 per hour PAYE
Duration: 12 month
Location: Chester – Hybrid (50% of the time in office)]
Role description: Service Desk analyst. Languages: Native/almost native German (fluency in another European language such as Spanish, French, Italian it’s a plus)
As a member of the Specialty Service Desk, you will be responsible for handling the initial client contact via telephone, email, chat, or portal and providing technical/application support to employees divisions globally. Expectations include an ability to build rapport and develop good working relationships within the team, End Users, and other regional Service Desk teams. You must be able to demonstrate your willingness to research more complex issues and bridge knowledge gaps.
What you get to do every day:
• Accept incoming calls, chats, tickets, redirect calls/tickets, if necessary, to appropriate support groups for resolution while setting End User expectations during the initial interaction.
Provide IT support to employees and partners mainly in EMEA but globally too.
• Create tickets and document all activities in the ticket system (ServiceNow) in line with our quality standards.
• Perform troubleshooting to resolve or escalate to the appropriate Tier 2 teams.
• Research and resolve more complex application and business process issues. Identify trends where applicable.
• Provide follow-up and status update inquiries to End Users on your open ticket queue and ensure every effort is made to meet SLA’s.
• Utilize Knowledgebase to address End User inquiries and create Knowledgebase draft articles to address knowledge gaps.
• Provide application and process training and act as a SME/POC for other team members.
• Assist with Quality record reviews as needed.
• Participate in application testing, upgrades and deployment, and internal Service Desk projects as needed.
• Perform Ad-hoc translation reviews occasionally
• Native German, or almost native, required (another language such as Spanish, Italian or French is advantageous). Good command of English
• Excellent Customer service skills.
• Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot and research IT and application issues.
• Ability to explain technical information to End Users with effective verbal and written communication.
• Be able to set priorities and handle multiple tasks. Ability to determine the priority of a problem and act accordingly.
• Adhere to Service Desk processes and procedures.
• Present a positive, effective, and flexible contribution to achieving team targets and objectives.
• Highly effective Team player: (Openly and willingly shares ideas, knowledge, and expertise. Communicates constructively. Willingness to learn new skills and be open to consider different
ideas and alternatives).
• Drive quality, process improvement and innovation to optimize service delivery.
• Minimum High School Diploma; preferred Bachelor’s Degree.
• Basic understanding of ITIL Framework and ITSM.
• Prior related work experience in a technical support environment, and/or Service Desk environment preferred (including tools, processes, and methodologies, Telephony systems and ServiceNow etc.)
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite required.
• Experience with Application Support preferred.
• Experience with Microsoft Windows preferred.
• Experience supporting Life Sciences is a plus.
In addition, candidates must:
• Have flexibility for working hours. This position will require to work on shifts that may rotate every 2 weeks. Our shifts are: 7-15, 8-16, 10-18 and occasionally 11-19
• Be able to work from the office at least 50% of the time (candidates must have a reliable home broadband connection when working from home).
• Expect to work on Bank Holidays periodically