Reference Number: JO-2003-447507_3
Team Leader, Pharmaceutical Development
Job Type: Contract
Team Leader, Pharmaceutical Development (Nebulisers) FTC
12 month FTC / Full-time / Wiltshire
Our client, an industry leading CDMO in inhalation medical devices across the UK, is looking to bring on board a Team Leader to manage the day to day activities of a small team of scientific staff focused on nebulisers within their Pharmaceutical Development Group.
The company is an inhaled product development specialist across both small and large molecules for a variety of clients from small biotechs to global pharmaceutical organisations. They offer a unique capability of service across formulation & development, pharmaceutical analysis, device development & manufacturing & technical transfer for dry powder inhalers, pressurised metered dose inhalers & nebulisers.
Their inhalation development sites are based in Chippenham, Wiltshire & Cambridge with corporate offices in London & an oral manufacturing site in France.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Change, resource & stakeholder management across the team. Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement, implementing changes, ensuring equipment & materials are available within the department & ensuring cross departmental interactions are maintained.
• Ensuring compliance with health & safety requirements, SOPs & reporting
• Ensuring staff development & mentoring plans are managed for direct reports
• Maintaining governance, leadership & strategy processes, escalating issues where appropriate & reviewing departmental data
• Being a technical leader for the team, understanding & challenging the quality of experimental design & analysis using problem solving techniques & providing technical sign off on departmental reports
• Using project management methodologies to be accountable for project plans
• Manage HR processes for the team
Education & Experience
• Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutics, Analytical Chemistry, Biomedical Science, etc.)
• Previous experience of working in project teams either in inhalation medical devices or another relevant & transferrable area
• Previous experience of managing teams is advantageous but not essential
• Previous industry experience & high technical working knowledge of HPLC
• Experience of working to GMP/GLP standards & authoring/following SOPs
Skills & Knowledge
• Highly competent or subject matter expert in HPLC
• In-depth knowledge of analytical chemistry, formulations, analytical method & drug development
Can you see yourself being part of a company that celebrates diversity and believes that better thinking and decisions come from wider experience? If the answer is yes and you have a desire to be an integral part of a dynamic team, we would be keen to hear from you.