Reference Number: JO-2308-521335
Job Type: Contract
Location: London City
Location: London (Hybrid Working)
Duration: 4 months
Pay rate: £212.32 – £291.44 Daily
Hours: 40 per week
The client VAT Tax Analyst to support the research and maintenance of indirect tax content. The ideal candidate will be able to work with a high level of collegiality, functioning as a VAT adviser to other stakeholders providing indirect tax guidance on global product classification and ensuring the tax calculation platform is in compliance with both global and domestic indirect tax laws.
Part of the responsibilities will be participation on cross-functional projects within Product Classification platform, support internal Audits, outlining business requirements for system enhancements and E2E process improvements and communicating with Product Classification Specialists to understand specific needs to be incorporated into the technical solutions.
Primary duties include:
• Supporting and maintaining global and domestic indirect tax rates content.
• Global indirect taxability maintenance for a broad array of products and services.
• Providing guidance based on the research of tax laws and regulations.
• Work with internal teams who classify products to make sure products end up in the right place for tax purposes.
• Providing end-to-end tax calculation requirements for projects and business initiatives.
• Participating in team operational excellence programs and process improvements.
• Assist in designing tools and services supporting the product tax classification function.
• Actively participate in selected projects throughout their life-cycle.
• Degree in law or accounting – Chartered Accountant (or equivalent) or graduate degree in taxation preferred
• Extensive experience in VAT across either a public accounting firm, major law firm, and/or in industry (5+ years)
• Good understanding of EU VAT laws
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent command of English, any other EU language is an advantage.
• EU, US and Canada Indirect tax experience.
• Detail-oriented individual who takes ownership of projects
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Able to extract, analyze, and review data and make appropriate recommendations
• Work effectively in a team environment
• Partner well with people at all levels within an organization
• Able to work in a fast paced, and often ambiguous environment
• Excel and general computer skills is a nice to have