The Clinical Professionals Group 2018 Life Science Salary Survey is here!
The Clinical Professionals Group are proud to announce that the 2018 salary survey is now available for distribution.
The Salary Survey was first created in 2011 when it was recognised there was a need for a comprehensive resource to compare salaries and compensation/benefits for different sectors within the life science industry. This would enable both clients & candidates the ability to assess current trends in remuneration by comparing a variety of different factors allowing industry to gauge influences on remuneration such as level of experience, locations and positions within their chosen sector. Clients then have the opportunity to evaluate company growth and to make informed decisions around budgets and remuneration for both existing headcount and new employees against the sector average.
With each volume, the guide has grown in terms of respondents and insights within the life science industry resulting in greater data content and demand year on year. Given the recent developments within the UK and EU over the course of the past year, most pertinently the uncertainty due to Brexit and the latest developments in AI and machine learning, it comes as no surprise that more industry professionals are seeking information to assist in their ongoing career evaluation and progression.
Over the course of 2017 over 4,000 copies of the Salary Survey were requested and received by clients and candidates. The data sourced from over 2,000 direct respondents in the UK and EU was then evaluated against our in-house pan European database . This allowed us to provide an accurate and comprehensive analysis of the industry, salaries in comparison to experience, benefits and overall opinions of employers. All the while including bespoke insights from our consultants who share their first-hand knowledge and experience of their sector.
To say the 2018 edition is bigger and better is an understatement. In addition to the physical copy being double the size, it now includes new specialist sector analysis on Finance, IT, HR, Procurement & Supply areas within the Life Science Industry.
In addition to these new sectors we still have up to date information about the below areas:
- Clinical Research
- Regulatory Affairs
- Drug Safety/Pharmacovigilance
- Medical Information
- Health Economics/Market Access
- Medical Affairs
- Only Medics/Pharmaceutical Physicians
- Medical Communications
- Quality Assurance
- Medical Devices
We also have featured collaboration pages from the following contributors:
- Cogent Skills
- Science Council
Some of the standout information from this edition includes;
- UK CRA salaries and sign-on bonus incentives have increased substantially compared to previous years to attract the best talent.
- Average UK salaries are similar to last year, with 10+ years of experiences peaking at £55-65k but this year’s survey notes a significant increase after 16 yrs. experience to £70-75k
- UK respondents within Regulatory reported receiving a wide range of benefits and, compared to last year, there was an increase in the number of professionals receiving each type of benefit.
- Key difference between UK and EU benefits seems to be healthcare (UK 70%; EU 35%) and working from home (UK 50%; EU 10%).
- The most common salary bracket has increased from £50-60k last year to £70-80k this year.
- Approximately 90% of respondents now receive a bonus within this sector, which is substantially higher than the industry average.
- Longevity of experience substantially contributes to salary increases and benefit packages.
- There has been a rise in salaries for roles within Talent Acquisition and Training & Development, due to an increased demand for higher quality staff.
- The industry is becoming more reliant on technology and thus recruiting high calibre staff within this field is becoming increasingly more important.
Clinical Professionals Group CEO, Yvette Cleland comments:
“ I am once again delighted with the annual salary survey. The 2018 book is our most comprehensive to date and alongside giving a true benchmark for remuneration within Biopharma and Medtech across the EU it also demonstrates some of the challenges and changing landscapes in skills within the life sciences sector”
To receive a complimentary copy of the Clinical Professionals Group’s Life Science Salary Survey, please fill in your details at the link below:
Clinical Professionals is Europe’s leading life sciences staffing business dedicated to the pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, CRO and drug discovery industries. We provide clinical development, medical technology and commercial professionals to life sciences organisations on a permanent, retained, “hosted contract”, FSP and freelance basis across the UK and Europe. An award winning organisation in the Global Recruitment Awards, APSCo and a full 3 star accredited organisation via the Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for.
Clinical Professionals is part of the CPL Resources Group.
If you would like to know more about our services and would like to talk to someone about your recruitment needs, please email email@example.com or call 0118 959 4990